Promoting tourism to North Portugal
This project seeks to establish ongoing and diverse relationships on all things wine related between Israeli and Portuguese business with an added focus on wine tourism. The project bidirectional and mutual activities towards stimulating bilateral trade.
Twin Wineries Project
Launching the “Twin Wineries Project” in collaboration with the Commercial Attaché at the Embassy of Portugal in Israel. Twinning boosted wine import-export activities between Portugal and Israel.
A delegation of Portuguese winemakers visiting local Israeli wineries for an up-close look at Israeli innovation and technology. This was part of the mutually beneficial “twinned wineries” project initiated and led by Mr. Michael Itzhar Belachovsky, former president of the Israel-Portugal Chamber of Commerce, and Mr. Yonatan Koren, former CEO of the Lotem Organic Winery.
Launching direct EL AL flights to Lisbon
The direct Tel Aviv to Lisbon flight by Israeli national airline EL AL enables tourists and business people easy access to Lisbon
Launching new direct Tel Aviv Lisbon flight. Mr. Michael Strasseburger, EL AL VP Marketing with Commercial Attaché Ms. Irith Freudenheim and our Honorary President Mr. Michael Itzhar Belachovsky, former president of the Israel Portugal Chamber of Commerce
- Zoom meetings in the areas of:
- Science, green energy, medicine in the C-19 period and solutions to the illness and Corona related hi-tech products
- Academia in the C-19 period
- Wine tasting and virtual winery tours
- Political Science students from IDC meeting the Portuguese Ambassador
- Twin Wineries project
- Annual delegation of entrepreneurs to Portugal
- Conference in Israel
- Hosting delegations (parliament members, wine makers, entrepreneurs)
- Israeli students meeting young entrepreneurs in Portugal
- Producing celebratory Portuguese Independence Day event